cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adm_kr
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

when I install/upgrade a MSI package over an existing installation, which was installed by an exe, I have two entries at the software section. Anyone know how I can delete the "old" entry or how I can clean Windows? There is only one Version installed at Windows.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This is indeed caused by using an installer that was converted to an MSI file. This method is known to cause duplicate entries in the software list when LsAgent's auto-update feature kicks in. Do note that we officially only provide a .exe file for LsAgent.

In general, when scanning your Windows-based assets, Lansweeper will scan the installed software based on the information found in the following registry keys:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (only 64-bit machines)
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Removing any entries in the registry related to the older LsAgent release on any affected machines should resolve the issue once Lansweeper scans the software of these devices going forward.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This is indeed caused by using an installer that was converted to an MSI file. This method is known to cause duplicate entries in the software list when LsAgent's auto-update feature kicks in. Do note that we officially only provide a .exe file for LsAgent.

In general, when scanning your Windows-based assets, Lansweeper will scan the installed software based on the information found in the following registry keys:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (only 64-bit machines)
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Removing any entries in the registry related to the older LsAgent release on any affected machines should resolve the issue once Lansweeper scans the software of these devices going forward.