cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fandango1974
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

We recently changed the domain administrator's account for Lansweeper because the initial account is being used for a production application. We copied the original account and created an account for Lansweeper. I wanted to assist a user who was assigned a local account into Lansweeper so that he can change his own password. I also was given this application with no documentation on the configuration of this application. I was wondering if you can give me insight on how to get the Configuration\User Access & Roles feature to show up in the administrator's account as well as add that feature to my account so that I can leave the admin account alone.

Any information you have is greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
fandango1974
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Karel,

So to update you, I am using the IIS Express feature. followed the instruction you suggested but I am still not able to see the user access roles and features. Is there something else I can do? Here is some info:

Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
64 Bit
Website Version 5242 (5.2.0.42)
Current database SQL Compact
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This depends on how you're setup right now. If you have an account with access to Configuration -> User Access & Roles then just follow this article: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/102/restricting-access-to-the-web-console.html. The article is slightly outdated, we've recently added the option to add Active Directory groups to roles.

If you don't have a user with access to configuration, then you can give access to all users by doing the following:
  • If you're using IIS Express: Run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\ExpressAuthentication.exe and make sure anonymous access is enabled
  • If you're using IIS: Make sure anonymous access is enabled and Windows authentication disabled
  • Enable the built-in admin using this tool: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe
Make sure to enable authentication again after you give yourself the required roles.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now