cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jstanford
Engaged Sweeper II
When I use the search bar in Lansweeper, if I enter an underscore then the computer will not be found. This is a problem as most of our computers are in the format xxx_xxx_xx

I can enter the first 3 letters and there will be 10 suggestions but if the computer I'm after isn't in those first 10 then I'm out of luck and have to find it manually.

I've tried domain\computername and computername@domain.com but this doesn't work either.

Is there a way to get computer names with underscores to be searchable?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We haven't heard back from you after requesting a copy of your error log via email, so we'll consider this issue resolved for now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We haven't heard back from you after requesting a copy of your error log via email, so we'll consider this issue resolved for now.
Jstanford
Engaged Sweeper II
Email sent
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We cannot reproduce this behavior. Do keep in mind that the search bar uses a "begins with" filter for computer name searches, not a "contains" filter. Performing a search for _xxx won't return any results for instance. If this does not explain the behavior you are seeing, please send the information below to support@lansweeper.com. We will follow up via email.
  • Screenshots of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.