cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MustQ
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

So here is our situation:

We are using MS SQL 2012 for the server for lansweeper. I have the ability to use EITHER MS Access 2010 or 2013. adp files are no longer supported for SQL 2012.

Objective: Combine tbl_assets + tbl_assetcustom onto the same 'sheet' and modify custom fields there.

I would like to have an 'excel like' experience when I am updating the 'custom fields' of each of our assets. I know that Lansweeper doesn't support customizations and we do not plan to customize the lansweeper DB. It is just easier to update data on each asset from an 'excel like' view than it is to browse for each asset and enter it via the web console.

Whenever I try to use access 2013 to 'link to the data source by creating a linked table.", I receive the below message:

the operation failed. there are too many indexes on table

I'm a windows sys admin, not strong in SQL or working with databases. I've tried installing LibreOffice base and working with that but it's not "obvious" how to do things there either. I've successfully run 'queries" inside sql directly through sql management studio, but queries don't allow you to modify data.

No amount of googling has been able to help me to date because they all suggest deleting the 'excess indexes" because of MS access limitations, but as this is a proprietary product I do not know what is "excess", and lansweeper won't support it if I do.

I look forward to any help anyone can provide on this please :). I believe it's time the knowledgebase was updated for the newer versions of Access and SQL.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Version 5.1 (in development) will allow for custom field editing in an "excel" like way.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use Access 2010, it supports ADP without a problem.
MustQ
Engaged Sweeper
Cool 🙂 I was hoping in the short term to get this to work with ms access,as I am currently tasked with adding 50 assets manually (monitors, keyboards and other items that our finance dept wants tracked.). So the ability to bulk add assets and modify their custom fields is becoming very urgent for me.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Version 5.1 (in development) will allow for custom field editing in an "excel" like way.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now