cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macman
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I really like the look of the beta release and you've cleaned up some of the existing functionality as well. Thank You.

Regarding the HelpDesk functionality, would it be possible to assign tickets to teams rather than individual agents?

This way, our first line team could respond to all new tickets and assign it to a team. Any member of the team could then pick up the ticket and either deal with it or assign it to another team. This would ensure that no ticket is left unattended if the assigned agent is away / on holiday / not available. Anyone in the team could then also update the ticket with having to be assigned to it.

Regards

Macman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Please send all questions about the beta to support@lansweeper.com and use the prefix "beta:" in the subject.

>This way, our first line team could respond to all new tickets and assign it to a team. Any member of the team >could then pick up the ticket and either deal with it or assign it to another team.

The helpdesk already works exactly like you want.
Leave the agent "unassigned" and change the team. -> everyone in the team will be able to see the ticket.

You can see a ticket if:
- You belong to the team the ticket is assigned to.
or
- You belong to the team that is responsible for the ticket type.
or
- You are subscribed to the ticket

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Macman
Engaged Sweeper II
Exactly, a proper workflow through each team is what i'm looking for.

Followed the instructions to Change Team and it worked. It was probably not intuitive enough but that is my own opinion and others may see it differently.

On the Actions but, instead of Agents and Change, I would like to see an Assign button and under that, the options to Assign to Me, Assign to Agent and Assign to Team.

All future Beta comments will be sent to the support email address.

Thank you.

Macman
spikey
Engaged Sweeper
My understanding on what macman is looking for is an escalation functionality.

tickets gets into queue Level 1. Agents pick ticket out of the queue and work on them .If they cant solve the problem, they escalate the ticket to queue Level 2. Level 2 looks into case, provides level 1 with update, which is then passed to initiator.

Nice feature eg. for tickets, which need approval. You escalate the ticket to the "approval group", whoever is there to approve eg. hardware purchase picks up the ticket in the approval team queue.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Please send all questions about the beta to support@lansweeper.com and use the prefix "beta:" in the subject.

>This way, our first line team could respond to all new tickets and assign it to a team. Any member of the team >could then pick up the ticket and either deal with it or assign it to another team.

The helpdesk already works exactly like you want.
Leave the agent "unassigned" and change the team. -> everyone in the team will be able to see the ticket.

You can see a ticket if:
- You belong to the team the ticket is assigned to.
or
- You belong to the team that is responsible for the ticket type.
or
- You are subscribed to the ticket
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
I agree on this. I'd also like to see more information displayed on the all tickets screen.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
poweld1 wrote:
I agree on this. I'd also like to see more information displayed on the all tickets screen.

Please send some more information about this to support@lansweeper.com