cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashff
Champion Sweeper
I have added in a Custom OID set for Wireless Access Points - Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO models.
I have 3 on my network currently.

If I assign the Custom OID Target as ASSET, IP RANGE, or ASSET GROUP, it works fine.

If I assign the Custom OID Target to ASSET TYPE-Wireless Access Point, it does not apply to any of the 3 AP's on my network.

10 REPLIES 10
crashff
Champion Sweeper
How would I know if I have a ticket number if I havent seen any emails?

EDIT: discovered a transport rule that was eating mail ....
crashff
Champion Sweeper
crashff wrote:
How would I know if I have a ticket number if I havent seen any emails?

Discovered a transport rule that was eating mail ....and thankfully I was able to recover the missing emails from our spam filter service.

With the debug info added in and a rescan done, the debug logs have some interesting info.

2018-09-27 13:19:12,399 [SCAN_192.168.169.246] DEBUG Extra info: asset ID = 514, asset type = Switch, manufacturer = Ubiquiti Networks Inc., model = , IP address = 192.168.169.246, SQL Compact, Ver2.

Even though Lansweeper says they are Wireless Access points, and the assigned assettype is 17, the custom OID scanning says it's a switch, which is assettype 6...
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Hopefully support has received the information and has looked into it. I've noticed the last 3 times I've sent emails to Lansweeper support, I have not received any communication in return.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
crashff wrote:
Hopefully support has received the information and has looked into it. I've noticed the last 3 times I've sent emails to Lansweeper support, I have not received any communication in return.

Do you have a ticket number by any chance? I'll take a look. It's rare that it takes longer than 24h for a response.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Our support team will take a look at it then and do some testing to ensure it's not a bug.
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
Cool, I will get the info to support. Thanks!
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
I'm having a similar problem with some Geist PDUs. If I set up OIDs for the individual Assets, they work perfectly. But if I set up OIDs for the Asset Type/Manufacturer/Model, they don't appear for any of the matching Assets.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
KevinA-REJIS wrote:
I'm having a similar problem with some Geist PDUs. If I set up OIDs for the individual Assets, they work perfectly. But if I set up OIDs for the Asset Type/Manufacturer/Model, they don't appear for any of the matching Assets.

FYI, if you leave Manufacturer/Model fields empty, the OIDs will be scanned for all assets specified as target. If you fill in one or both of these fields, OIDs will only be scanned for the specified manufacturer/model within the target. Keep in mind that, if you fill in the fields, what you submit must match what is listed as manufacturer/model on the device's asset page. This can either be the scanned manufacturer/model or what was manually overwritten. What you see listed on the asset page is the "correct" value to submit in the OID scanning configuration. If the manufacturer/model submitted in your OID configuration does not match what is listed on the asset page, no data will be scanned

If you've double checked that the Target is correct, and the scan still does not work, it's best to contact our support team with screenshots of your OID scanning target and the asset you are trying to scan.

Edited: correction of the OID scanning information
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Charles.X wrote:

FYI, if you leave Manufacturer/Model fields empty, the OIDs will be scanned for all assets specified as target. If you fill in one or both of these fields, OIDs will only be scanned for the specified manufacturer/model within the target. Keep in mind that, if you fill in the fields, what you submit must match what is listed as manufacturer/model on the device's asset page. This can either be the scanned manufacturer/model or what was manually overwritten. What you see listed on the asset page is the "correct" value to submit in the OID scanning configuration. If the manufacturer/model submitted in your OID configuration does not match what is listed on the asset page, no data will be scanned

If you've double checked that the Target is correct, and the scan still does not work, it's best to contact our support team with screenshots of your OID scanning target and the asset you are trying to scan.

Edited: correction of the OID scanning information

For my Custom OID scanning, I copied the Manufacturer directly from the scanned asset page, and it didnt work. I've also tried it with the Mfg/Model fields empty, and still no luck.

I will be emailing support.