cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hatrantator
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey there!

I may be late to the party but for about 6 months lansweeper doesn't show driverversions anymore.
Or rather:
for example: the intel gfx driver won't show up the in the software inventory anymore.

we haven't changed anything regarding scanning components or software.
is this a general error or does it have something to do with Win10 or the 'new' way HP releases Intel Drivers?

Kind regards

EDIT: I am talking about the software inventory ofc:

EDIT2: Is it because most hardware manufacturers won't use legacydrivers anymore? Does Lansweeper not have a way to find DCH-drivers?
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I believe that info you are referencing is what appears in the Programs / Features. If the software isn't writing the details as part of the Application Name then I don't believe Lansweeper is reporting it.

I may be wrong though.

We recently had a situation with a WiFi Driver that was the latest from the Laptop Manufacturer, however, we were getting drop outs on site. Turns out there was an updated driver from Intel, we created a custom scanning location to get the driver version, then deployed an updated driver out to those machines based on the report. All done within the hour.
I am referencing to missing drivers in Lansweeper software inventory.

Example:
If i update a 'newish' W10 HP Prodesk 400 G5 Mini with a new graphicsdriver from Intel/HP i can see the software changes in a software change report like this:
- intel gfx 25.x.x.x.x on 03/02/2020 16:45
+ intel gfx 26.x.x.x.x on 03/02/2020 16:52

if i go to the assetpage under software, i won't see the intel gfx 26.x.x.x.x at all.

There are a some other drivers not showing up on the assetpage anymore, but mostly its the intel graphics driver thats missing.
If you look under Program/Features on the very same client, you see the driver being installed.

My guess was that lansweeper is not capable of scanning DCH drivers.
And Intel doesn't have any legacy drivers for their newer generations.

hatrantator wrote:
I am referencing to missing drivers in Lansweeper software inventory.

Example:
If i update a 'newish' W10 HP Prodesk 400 G5 Mini with a new graphicsdriver from Intel/HP i can see the software changes in a software change report like this:
- intel gfx 25.x.x.x.x on 03/02/2020 16:45
+ intel gfx 26.x.x.x.x on 03/02/2020 16:52

if i go to the assetpage under software, i won't see the intel gfx 26.x.x.x.x at all.

There are a some other drivers not showing up on the assetpage anymore, but mostly its the intel graphics driver thats missing.
If you look under Program/Features on the very same client, you see the driver being installed.

My guess was that lansweeper is not capable of scanning DCH drivers.
And Intel doesn't have any legacy drivers for their newer generations.

Before you update is it there? After you update im guessings its not? Can you confirm under programs and features? Alot more dev's are not writing version details into the name field in programs and features which is what LS is reporting that software list from.
I think i got it now.

We had some display errors with a series of HP devices.
The newest driver from the HP website didn't help so we installed the one from Intel.

The HP ones are shown in Lansweeper, the ones directly from intel are not.

I've only got an example of a client wich had the intel driver and got exchanged with an official one from HP.

If i look up the client in the report "software: changes in the last x days" i only get a + Intel(R) Processor Graphics but none with a -

I don't have a client with an installed DCH driver right now. So it probably doesn't matter...
Just wanted to know if there was a known issue.