cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THUSER
Engaged Sweeper II

I have added a few computer assets (extras) to Lansweeper by serial #. When the spare computer with lsagent goes to use, will Lansweeper see the asset I have created and will merge with it? Can it be merged?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
duster1
Engaged Sweeper III

With my experience, the most important thing is to make sure you have the MAC address and Serial number 100% correct!

In your "Server Options" check these boxes:

duster1_0-1687925186164.png

We received about 80 computers new in the boxes a year or so ago. I imported the basic info including MAC and Serial number into Lansweeper using the spreadsheet that you can download from the import assets option.
Once we started imaging them and Lansweeper saw them on the network it updated everything. No duplicates!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
duster1
Engaged Sweeper III

With my experience, the most important thing is to make sure you have the MAC address and Serial number 100% correct!

In your "Server Options" check these boxes:

duster1_0-1687925186164.png

We received about 80 computers new in the boxes a year or so ago. I imported the basic info including MAC and Serial number into Lansweeper using the spreadsheet that you can download from the import assets option.
Once we started imaging them and Lansweeper saw them on the network it updated everything. No duplicates!