cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl_wilson
Engaged Sweeper
I was wondering if someone can tell me why Windows 10 devices on our lan are not reporting with the latest install of Lansweeper. I have upgraded some 8.1 units to 10 but they still display as windows 8.1. Is this because it is a Windows 8.1 key that was originally used?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for your mail. The computer wasn't successfully scanned at all because of an "Access denied" error, which is why the OS wasn't updated either. "Access denied" errors are usually related to wrong scanning credentials, missing permissions or security settings on the affected machine. We sent some hints on how to troubleshoot this issue. In general, this KB article helps to resolve this kind of scanning error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for your mail. The computer wasn't successfully scanned at all because of an "Access denied" error, which is why the OS wasn't updated either. "Access denied" errors are usually related to wrong scanning credentials, missing permissions or security settings on the affected machine. We sent some hints on how to troubleshoot this issue. In general, this KB article helps to resolve this kind of scanning error.
karl_wilson
Engaged Sweeper
Sent. I noticed the connection tester detects a windows 10 pc and there is an issue with the wmi credentials.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To help us reproducing the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • link to this forum topic
  • the errorlog as present on your Lansweeper server under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt
  • a screenshot of the asset page of an affected computer
  • a screenshot of a test from your Lansweeper server to the same computer with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe, providing the same credential which Lansweeper uses as well
karl_wilson
Engaged Sweeper
I have tried to manually scan, it still doesn't report as a windows 10 device. Even a surface i have which was upgraded still reports as windows 8.1, I even upgraded Lansweeper to the latest version to make sure i wasnt missing something.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't update all details with every scan. You might open an affected computer's asset page and hit Rescan asset. Wait until the scan finished. This updates everything to the current status. The Rescan asset button is available no asset overview lists as well.

Under Configuration\Item Wait Time you can define the intervals in which details are being pulled from Windows computers.