cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Please would I able to ask from everyone else's experience what other potential reasons there could be for our Lansweeper scanner still not pulling device information back on Windows EndPoints?

We have setup a relevant service account, ensured the correct user name & password is in our Scanning Credentials options with the relevant credentials added to each IP range we are scanning. The account has been given admin rights by our Windows guys, but it's still bring up the error "Scanning credential is missing administrative privileges on .....".

At a bit of loss of what we are missing, as during testing the product before we purchased a full license we had this process working without any problem.

Many thanks,
Rob
2 REPLIES 2
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the feedback.

We've done a test where we gave the service account local admin rights to a certain machine, scanned it, and it pulled through all the data we were expecting.

We then deleted the asset, had the local admin rights of the said machine removed and re-scanned and it expectidly failed again.

I'll feed this back to our Windows EndPoints guys, so they hopefully tweak the overall service account rights to allow this to happen for any Windows device Lansweeper locates.
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Rob-CD wrote:
Please would I able to ask from everyone else's experience what other potential reasons there could be for our Lansweeper scanner still not pulling device information back on Windows EndPoints?

We have setup a relevant service account, ensured the correct user name & password is in our Scanning Credentials options with the relevant credentials added to each IP range we are scanning. The account has been given admin rights by our Windows guys, but it's still bring up the error "Scanning credential is missing administrative privileges on .....".

At a bit of loss of what we are missing, as during testing the product before we purchased a full license we had this process working without any problem.

Many thanks,
Rob

first thing I would do, I assume you have already done this, is log into the LS server as the account you created. Assuming you have the desktop there, then START, RUN, MSTSC and RDP to some of the failed system(S), as that same user. if you can get that far, and you should be able to, then I would start diving into logs. There could be some sort of LSP in place or 3rd party FW/blocking stuff in play?