cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifm
Champion Sweeper
We are planning our upgrade of current Windows XP computers to Windows 7.

Is it possible to generate a report with computers currently running Windows XP with 64-bit capable CPU and the current amount of RAM and HDD? (can you show me an example of how to create this)

Also a report with XP computers that not could be upgraded would be great. 32 bit only CPU and less then 2 GB RAM.

/David
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Processor architecture (x86/x64) is stored in the Architecture field of tblPROCESSOR. This field should be populated for Windows XP machines as well.

Could you try the report below for the information you are after. It includes Windows XP machines and their processor architecture, RAM and C: disk size. A custom Status column marks machines that cannot be upgraded. These are machines with a 32-bit processor or less than 2GB RAM, as per your requirements.

Select Top 1000000 Web40OSName.Compimage As icon, tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Domain, Web40OSName.OSname As OS, Case tblPROCESSOR.Architecture When 0 Then '32-bit' When 1 Then 'MIPS' When 2 Then 'Alpha' When 3 Then 'PowerPC' When 5 Then 'ARM' When 6 Then 'Itanium-based systems' When 9 Then '64-bit' Else 'unknown' End As [Processor Architecture], web40CorrectMemory.Memory, Cast(Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As varchar) As [C Disk Size in GB], Case When tblPROCESSOR.Architecture = 0 or web40CorrectMemory.Memory < 2048 Then 'cannot be upgraded' End As Status, tblComputers.Lastseen From tblComputers Left Join tblPROCESSOR On tblComputers.Computername = tblPROCESSOR.Computername Left Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Left Join web40CorrectMemory On web40CorrectMemory.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Left Join tblDiskdrives On tblComputers.Computername = tblDiskdrives.Computername Where Web40OSName.OSname = 'win xp' And tblDiskdrives.Caption = 'c:' Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
ifm
Champion Sweeper
Can you please modify this report to print out computer model and CPU name instead of 32/64 bit?
With a report like that we can filter out the computers ourselfs.

Thank you in advance! 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ifm wrote:
Can you please modify this report to print out computer model and CPU name instead of 32/64 bit?

Please use the report below for the information you are after.
Select Top 1000000 Web40OSName.Compimage As icon, tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputersystem.Manufacturer, tblComputersystem.Model, Web40OSName.OSname As OS, tblPROCESSOR.Name As CPU, web40CorrectMemory.Memory, Cast(Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As varchar) As [C Disk Size in GB], tblComputers.Lastseen From tblComputers Left Join tblPROCESSOR On tblComputers.Computername = tblPROCESSOR.Computername Left Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Left Join web40CorrectMemory On web40CorrectMemory.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Left Join tblDiskdrives On tblComputers.Computername = tblDiskdrives.Computername Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblComputersystem.Computername Where Web40OSName.OSname = 'win xp' And tblDiskdrives.Caption = 'c:' Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The processor architecture is being reported as 32-bit, which is why the machine's status is set to "cannot be upgraded".
- Could you execute the command below on the client machine itself and send the resulting lansweepertest.txt file to support@lansweeper.com
c:\>wmic path win32_processor >lansweepertest.txt

- For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.
ifm
Champion Sweeper
Now the fix has been installed and Lansweeper say "1 * Intel Core i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz" but the report says:
xp10.png 507 PC14520 AD Win XP 32-bit 4096 119 cannot be upgraded 2012-10-15 12:30

/David
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
That's pretty much the same thing I was experiencing, which is why I said I couldn't get it to work 🙂

You could use CPUZ and write to a registry key and then retrieve values from the registry key using Lansweeper.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
We have that hotfix installed in our machines and the end result is the same, tblPROCESSOR.Architecture is set to 0, even if the CPU is 64-bit capable. I think they've just fixed the CPU name, not all the underlying details.

I've just checked two machines with the same CPU (Intel Pentium DualCore E5700) one running Windows XP 32-bits with the patch, it reports 0, and another running Windows 7 32-bit, and it reports 9.

I use a combination of PSEXEC and CPUZ to get that kind of low level info, but I've not integrated that with Lansweeper...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
fjca wrote:
We have that hotfix installed in our machines and the end result is the same, tblPROCESSOR.Architecture is set to 0, even if the CPU is 64-bit capable. I think they've just fixed the CPU name, not all the underlying details.

mdouglas wrote:
That's pretty much the same thing I was experiencing, which is why I said I couldn't get it to work 🙂

This is not a known problem. Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Lansweeper webpage of one problem machine. Please show us the following tabs: Actions, Config\Hardware\Processor and (if it exists) Errors.
ifm
Champion Sweeper
I thought that I had installed that patch through our WSUS server. Ill distribute it and run the report again.

Thank you!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a known problem with scanning processor information in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Could you check this knowledge base article to see if it fits your problem description. Information on the cause and solution is included.