cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
When I go to the "All installed software" report, the list is sorted by Total.

I then click on the Software heading to sort it in that order.

When I scroll down the list, I see about 12 different versions of Adobe Air.

So if I'm looking for a 2 or 3 specific computers that has that software installed, I have to click on first version and review the list of computers. If my computers were not in the list, I click on the back arrow on the web browser. This brings me back to the "All installed software" report, which is sorted by Total.

I then click on the Software heading to sort it in that order AGAIN.

When I scroll down the list and go to the second Adobe AIR version.

I repeat the above processes until my 3 computers are found. That's a lot of clicking !!!!

Can you not implement what you are already doing with the Computer listing.

When I hover over a computer name, I get a pop-up windows that I can move my mouse to and select various "actions" such as Config, software, events, etc.

For the software listing, by hovering over the software name, a pop-up windows would list all the computers that have it installed. I would not have to click once to get the info I need!

Thanks
Pierre
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can also search for the software in the search bar, this will show all computers with this software regardless of the version installed.
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
You can also search for the software in the search bar, this will show all computers with this software regardless of the version installed.

True...but hovering would be a more elegant implementation. Since you already use hovering, I'm suggesting to expand its implementation.
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
I like the idea of having a popup when you hover.

In the meantime, what I do is to right-click and open in new tab when I have different versions like that. Then I can check the other tabs and when I close them, I am right back at my list in just the order I left it (since I never really left).
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
wcb wrote:
I like the idea of having a popup when you hover.

In the meantime, what I do is to right-click and open in new tab when I have different versions like that. Then I can check the other tabs and when I close them, I am right back at my list in just the order I left it (since I never really left).

Good idea. Why didn't I think of that