cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifm
Champion Sweeper
Future version request:

Allowed software today is based on the program name, like "Myapplication 2.9".
If the program is set up more properly and uses "version" the program will be "Myapplication" and in the version field it will be 2.9

Today with Lansweeper if I allow the application "Myapplication" ALL versions of the app will be allowed regardless of the version.
3 REPLIES 3
ToddG
Engaged Sweeper
I just want to confirm this request is the same thing that I want also. Right now I have software that users install such as "Webex 3.456.754" and then of course a month later they run it, it updates and now the software is a newer version. So, now each time I have to go back into allowed software and tell it to allow the new version. Is there, or can there be a way to allow "Webex..." and anything after that so that the exact name does not matter. Kind of like 'starts with "Webex"'

Is this what you are asking for a new request, or can we do this already?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ToddG wrote:
Is there, or can there be a way to allow "Webex..." and anything after that so that the exact name does not matter. Kind of like 'starts with "Webex"'

No, this is not currently possible. This feature has been added to our customer wish list. The Configuration\Allowed Software section of the configuration console does not take tblSoftware.softwareVersion entries into account, but if the software's name differs from version to version, you currently have to approve all of these entries.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll add this to the wish list.