cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottb
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to force all users (including first time and existing users) to an alternate main page.

I'm aware that you can add and remove the widgets to your liking, but this seems to happen for the individual logged in user only.

I'd like to reduce the amount of content globally on the 'Main Page' that the site URL lands on to speed up page loading. most of my users simply want the search box, and really don't care much about the Main Page reports.

I would like the 'Dashboard' page to remain intact, though, for those users who did want to look at it.

Is there a way to do this? Possibly redirect the default IIS site to another URL?

Thanks,

Scott
2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you enable authentication in your web server settings, changing the default dashboard layout for each user is not possible, if this is what you're asking. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. With authentication enabled, each user can configure his own dashboard. It is possible to share specific tabs with other users however, as you indicated as well.
scottb
Engaged Sweeper
A bit of answering my own question here...

http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/90/sharing-dashboard-tabs-with-other-users.html

This will allow everyone to see my custom tab, what still escapes me is how I would make this custom tab the default for everyone.