cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stratogent
Engaged Sweeper

Hi All,

I was looking can Lansweeper find all local user accounts on ESXi node, Printers, Firewalls, Switches, Storage?

I know for windows workstation it can pull all local users as we have agent that can scan OS. I am not sure how it can discover local accounts on Network and storage gear, Printers ESXi and vCenter appliances.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LS uses WMI class to collect Windows Users https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/cimwin32prov/win32-useraccount

LS uses VMware API to collect info about vCenter and ESXi and you can create feature request to add users info. May be LS add this. Usually it takes about 3-5 years.

LS uses SNMP to collect Printers, Firewalls, Switches info. So this devices have to give users info via SNMP but there are few devices can it. So LS will not add this functionality. You have create OID custom yourself.

LS uses SNMP to collect Storage info. But there is only basic info. New storages has REST API but LS will not add support them, IMHO. Because it requires a lot of developers and money.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stratogent
Engaged Sweeper

Can you suggest for why systems lansweeper can pull local account details? Please.

LS uses WMI class to collect Windows Users https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/cimwin32prov/win32-useraccount

LS uses VMware API to collect info about vCenter and ESXi and you can create feature request to add users info. May be LS add this. Usually it takes about 3-5 years.

LS uses SNMP to collect Printers, Firewalls, Switches info. So this devices have to give users info via SNMP but there are few devices can it. So LS will not add this functionality. You have create OID custom yourself.

LS uses SNMP to collect Storage info. But there is only basic info. New storages has REST API but LS will not add support them, IMHO. Because it requires a lot of developers and money.

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

No.