cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frazzels
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I'm not sure this is possible, but I hope it is. We have an ini file located on our workstations which looks like this:

[Connections]
count=2
Name1=3345
Name2=DefaultConnection
[3345]
type=HCM
SupportsSpecialCharacters=1
Client Identifier=384739943
ConfigServerName=
IPCName=
PrimaryIPCS=127.0.0.1
SecondaryIPCS=127.0.0.1
DerivedFrom=
Use DNS=0
UsesSpecialCharacters=0
TerminalCharacterMapOut=TerminalCharacterMapOutHCM.txt
TerminalCharacterMapIn=TerminalCharacterMapInHCM.txt
StructuredCharacterMapOut=StructuredCharacterMapOutHCM.txt
StructuredCharacterMapIn=StructuredCharacterMapInHCM.txt
ForceDownload=0
[DefaultConnection]
type=HCM
SupportsSpecialCharacters=1
Client Identifier=384739943
ConfigServerName=
IPCName=
PrimaryIPCS=127.0.0.1
SecondaryIPCS=127.0.0.1
DerivedFrom=3345
Use DNS=0
UsesSpecialCharacters=0
TerminalCharacterMapOut=TerminalCharacterMapOutHCM.txt
TerminalCharacterMapIn=TerminalCharacterMapInHCM.txt
StructuredCharacterMapOut=StructuredCharacterMapOutHCM.txt
StructuredCharacterMapIn=StructuredCharacterMapInHCM.txt
ForceDownload=0
[RunTest]

There there any way that I can configure Lansweeper to scan the file and extract the value of the "Client Identifier=" lines?

Thanks,
Fraser
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper has a custom file scanning option, but unfortunately this option scans the properties of a specified file in a specified file path, and not its contents.

The ability to scan the contents of a specific file for a specific value has been requested before and is already on our customer wishlist, though this feature isn't yet in active development and we don't have an estimated release date for it. I've moved this topic to the wishlist section of our forum in this context.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
I think that there is a better method to do this (but it needs new lansweeper features):

-develop a custom program/script (.exe, .bat, .cmd...) that reads file and outputs some value
-create a scheduled deployment of this program/script (with some interval)
-collect the result values for each asset and store somewhere (custom fields?) in the asset pages

this approach can improve performance (for example skip n rows, search text through regexp, and so on)
and is very customizable...

what about this?

doone128
Engaged Sweeper III
This would be SERIOUSLY useful. A big thumbs up for this request.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper has a custom file scanning option, but unfortunately this option scans the properties of a specified file in a specified file path, and not its contents.

The ability to scan the contents of a specific file for a specific value has been requested before and is already on our customer wishlist, though this feature isn't yet in active development and we don't have an estimated release date for it. I've moved this topic to the wishlist section of our forum in this context.