cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enz1ey
Engaged Sweeper II
It would be great if we could add an EOL period in years/months for certain asset models that would coincide with the purchase date and receive notifications when those devices are getting close to the set EOL and need replaced.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The report was just an example, theoretically, you can do the same for anything within Lansweeper. The report itself uses the current date and compares it with a set date you enter.

For the surface 3 models you can create use a custom asset field and enter the purchase date and EOL date. By creating a report which checks if the current date is equal to the EOL date, and combining it with an alert, you would be notified when a device has reached it's EOL date. You can do similar things for getting notifications when EOL is a month away or so.

I know it's not as easy as you described, because it's not built-in. But with some basic SQL knowledge you can do it.
enz1ey
Engaged Sweeper II
Sorry, I guess I should've specified hardware EOL, not software. There are many ways to track the Windows EOL, but I'm looking for a way to enter a custom EOL for hardware devices.

For instance, we've deployed several models of Surface tablets. The first deployment of Surface 3 models we would like to start phasing out next year, so I could enter "60 months" as an EOL for that particular model, then generate a report showing which ones are nearing that age.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can already do this in a way. What you can do is create a report which only displays assets which are near EOL. Then create an alert which gives back the report results. Depending on how you configure your report you can be alerted when assets are near EOL or have reached EOL.

The report below gives you an EOL overview of Windows 10 based on MS article (End of service for Home, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

You can create something similar report which and put alerts on it.

Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Description,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,