cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewie
Engaged Sweeper II
The "mass edit assets" screen in version 5 is great! Thank you! As I started using it it occured to me that a great feature would be manually adding bulk assets. For example, if I get a shipment of wireless access points in, I'd like to select the manufacturer, asset type, purchase date etc. on a screen and then scan serial numbers one at a time to add to the list. When I'm done scanning, I could then click "Add Assets" to add all of the records into the database.
4 REPLIES 4
Stewie
Engaged Sweeper II
So I can just delete the dropdown list boxes in the spreadsheet, replace them with text and the import code will still work? That would make it easier.
Stewie
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you, I did look at that feature. While it is a good initial step, if I'm reading it correctly it means that if I got a shipment of 20 WAP's in I would need to change 20 drop down lists to "0" for the OS Code, change 20 Asset Type dropdowns to "Wireless Access Point", change 20 Status dropdowns to "Stock", scan 20 mac addresses, save the file, go to the configuration page in lansweeper, browse to the saved file then import it.

It seems like the web based feature that I am suggesting would be more user friendly.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Stewie wrote:
Thank you, I did look at that feature. While it is a good initial step, if I'm reading it correctly it means that if I got a shipment of 20 WAP's in I would need to change 20 drop down lists to "0" for the OS Code, change 20 Asset Type dropdowns to "Wireless Access Point", change 20 Status dropdowns to "Stock", scan 20 mac addresses, save the file, go to the configuration page in lansweeper, browse to the saved file then import it.

It seems like the web based feature that I am suggesting would be more user friendly.

Or you can copy/paste,... everything in excel instead of selecting the dropdowns.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Check out configuration/database/scripts/import assets.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now