cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maph
Engaged Sweeper III
I've seen there is some support for automating reports and event logs, but there is there any sort of support for automating and alerting/ticketing based on events? For example, the unauthorized software reports is useful...but just a deluge of data. It'd be more helpful for example if an alerts or ticket could be generated when an application is installed on a workstation. Or generating a ticket when disk space is low, simple stuff like that.

This is causing us to have a serious look at SpiceWorks, unfortunately.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Automatic ticket generation based on certain scanned information has been requested before and is already on our customer wishlist. I've added your feedback to the item in our internal feature tracking system.

At this moment in time we don't have an estimated release date for this feature yet unfortunately.

As a workaround, you could theoretically set up email alerts targeting your helpdesk email address, though make sure that the reports you use in this only show a result when you would really want a ticket created. Email alerts are only sent if the attached report has an output. If you do choose to try this out, you'll also need to use separate mailbox for your email alerts. If you use your helpdesk email address for this, the above won't work, as the helpdesk ignores mails originating from itself to prevent email loops.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TCI
Engaged Sweeper II
following this topic.
Seems like this functionality has been requested for almost more than a year ago in several topics but
always with the same answer from @Bruce.B

At this point we have purchased LANsweeper but one of the milestones from management is to have monitoring on servers and network infrastructure. Unfortunately this seems not to be possible from LANsweeper despite the software being able to perform ad-hoc scans and report on hardware, network,...

We are evaluating LANSWEEPER for 1 year... Let's hope this functionality gets implemented soon.
All the components are at availability as far as I can see.

Kind regards
Karchambault
Engaged Sweeper
Spiceworks isn't a terrible idea. I haven't found a single solution that encompasses everything I need.
I Use Spiceworks to pick up the slack, as well as HYENA.
Spiceworks is 100%free and has been a blessing as a separate tool of necessity for the last three years.
maph
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you. I would REALLY love to see that function ASAP. It's really the only thing LANSweeper is missing that we need and it's a big need.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Automatic ticket generation based on certain scanned information has been requested before and is already on our customer wishlist. I've added your feedback to the item in our internal feature tracking system.

At this moment in time we don't have an estimated release date for this feature yet unfortunately.

As a workaround, you could theoretically set up email alerts targeting your helpdesk email address, though make sure that the reports you use in this only show a result when you would really want a ticket created. Email alerts are only sent if the attached report has an output. If you do choose to try this out, you'll also need to use separate mailbox for your email alerts. If you use your helpdesk email address for this, the above won't work, as the helpdesk ignores mails originating from itself to prevent email loops.