cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
It could be very useful to select multiple rows, for exmaple in windows sofware list select two or more sw and then view all assets with that (differente) software installed.

I think it can be done with a columns of checkboxes or with mouse click + CTRL/SHIFT, then clicking on one of column link should show sw details about checked items.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
I'm talking about list of windows asset with some particular software, for example if I search for "reader" I have some result (see attach), it'd very useful to select here multiple lines (not all, only some) to see which assets have those sw installed.

Thanks for your quick reply

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume you're talking about the reports that are automatically generated when you for instance click a software name within Lansweeper. The way these automatically generated reports work, is that there are built in reports that contain variables, which are filled in using the url you've used to get to the report. For instance if you click the Google Chrome software link, Google Chrome will be used as the variable in the report. Unfortunately these reports currently don't accommodate for multiple variables.

We've added your request to our customer wishlist. At this moment in time though we unfortunately cannot guarantee that this feature will be added and cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

For now though, it is possible though to create a custom report that lists computers that have Software A and Software B installed. I've added a sample report below that lists all computers that have both Google Chrome and Microsoft Onedrive installed. A subquery needs to be added per software name if you're looking to select more than 2.

Instructions for adding this report to your Lansweeper installation can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID