cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

Is it possible to have the "Rescan Asset" feature as a context menu option when I move the mouse cursor over the Asset name (like the ones we already have: Summary, Config, Software, etc)?

Another option could be to improve "Rescan Assets" button in the "Report option" to apply only with filtered items. For example: I need to upgrade VMware Tools software to the latest version. I do a search for "VMware Tools" and it brings me all the Assets that have that software installed (lets say 63 items). Then I filter for version number (that narrows down to 18 items). Then I go and upgrade VMware Tools on each computer. After that come back to the filtered report and click on "Rescan Assets" and it queues 63 assets when I only need 18 rescans (that's the number of assets the filter brings).

Thank you and best regards.
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BeatleUy wrote:
Is it possible to have the "Rescan Asset" feature as a context menu option when I move the mouse cursor over the Asset name (like the ones we already have: Summary, Config, Software, etc)?

We have added this feature request to our customer wish list.

BeatleUy wrote:
Another option could be to improve "Rescan Assets" button in the "Report option" to apply only with filtered items.

Filtering performed within your report results is not currently taken into account when rescanning or exporting. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it. To rescan/export a limited number of assets, modify the report's SQL query so it only lists those assets.