cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
I wish I could search a PC by FQDN.

I know when I begin typing it´s name, it gets automatically completed. But I want to use the link to quicksearch externally for automatic linking to assets and I only can search for FQDNs there, not for netbios names. If you search for a specific item and the search string is unique, you don´t land on a search results page but directly on the item´s page.

Imagine you have 2 domains (contoso.local and corp.inc) in different networks, in each one a PC with the same netbios name "PC13". Actually LanSweeper finds both when you search for their netbios names and lets you decide on a search reaults page, what item you meant - but it does not find any of both when you search for their FQDNs "PC13.contoso.local" or "PC13.corp.inc".

3 REPLIES 3
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
Just to add as an information: if you search for a network device (SNMP devices like a switch), the search by FQDN works. So Lansweeper here handles network devices different to PCs.

What do you think about my feature request? Will it get implemented?
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank yo very much for your answer.

But sorry, that does not help me at all. I simply want to use the URL "https://lansweeperserver/quicksearch.aspx?q=" with a FQDN, so in my example "https://lansweeperserver/quicksearch.aspx?q=PC13.corp.inc" and that does not work. To such a field as you posted, I have no direct link to jump in.

To go in detail: we want to mod our nagios system to paste links to the relevant assets in LanSweeper in it´s alert mails. This way it would work but it does not work because the search box does no FQDN searches for Windows machines as I told in my previous post.
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
For performance reasons, the web console search bar doesn't search all database fields. We may add the ability to search FQDN in a future release but for now, we recommend creating a basic SQL report based on tblassets.FQDN using our report builder. Afterwards, you can search for FQDN using the top search boxes.