cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmf
Engaged Sweeper II

I'm not sure if this is an open bug or limited to my installation. Trying to search for a name using the portion after a hyphen in the name does not return any results.

Example:

Computer name: ConfRm-Board
Search: board

No results are returned. If the search is

confrm-b

I get the above name in the list.

7 REPLIES 7
steveb
Champion Sweeper

%25 works as the wildcard search ex. %25G1234 or %251234 and also works for partial searches etc.  That is what we do.

lmf
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks for that workaround. That helps quite a bit!

rom
Champion Sweeper III

Me personally, I use a report of whatever criteria (all assets, all windows, whatever)  and type what i'm looking for in the assetname column filter -  hyphens work there (example: win10-vdi-01, or -vdi, etc).  It may be two extra clicks, but it also returns whatever information you want it to - which I prefer over the limited asset info returned in a global search result page... 

treespanner
Engaged Sweeper II

Lansweeper should address this.  I use LS all day while working and waste much time typing the same 7 characters to finally have the machine I need visible in search.  Frustrating.

lmf
Engaged Sweeper II

Still an issue, really limits the ability to search.

izykopa
Engaged Sweeper II

izykopa_0-1660716534299.png

Wildcards would help to keep it efficient, but they are not only not working, but showing potential SQL Injection vulnerability instead. I guess there is no other solution than feature request to Lansweeper, as it's certainly not a database limitation but search engine limitation (probably to help reduce the load).

Regards,
Paweł Iżykowski
esr
Champion Sweeper
Using the primary search box, top of every page?

Doesn't help much, but it's always been that way. Believe it's a database limitation.

We use a PC naming process that starts with a letter followed by several digits. If we search for a correct number the asset isn't returned, the leading letter is required.

We do get similar serial numbers or other numeric results, but no asset.

Example: Asset named G12345678
Search: 12345678 - asset not located
Search: G1234 - all assets starting with those characters are returned
Search: G12345678 - The specific asset is returned.