cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
This is a great product, and you have implemented everything I have asked for in the past, like the ability to add actions to the Active Directory Users (I have so many usful actions here I probably need to share them).

This may seem like a simple request at first but really it is probably three requests in one.

First, I would like an interface where we could manually input Service, Support, and Maintenance contracts for Software and Hardware. Not sure if there is already a feature for this. It would be nice to have one place to remind us where it is time to renew, or to pull a report of previous costs for these contracts for annual budgets.

Second, I would like an interface where we could plug in our own public domain names (DNS), where lansweeper could then go out and check a public whois daily or weekly to update the date it is set to expire. Then we could generate a report to remind us that it is time to renew our domain with our registar. Also the ability to enter in projected cost would help in reporting as well.

Third, I would like a similar feature as the DNS above for SSL Certificates. Maybe there is a way to download the public certificate from a HTTPS, SSH, Exchange, so that we can monitor the expiration, cost and so in the same automated way so that we can be reminded when to renew that certificate.

I think all three of these can be made simple enough, but would set Lansweeper well ahead of the reset if you continue to allow the custom reports, actions, and access to the database. These have made it so easy to customize it to fit just about every need we could think of and more.
2 REPLIES 2
mgiljum
Engaged Sweeper III
I know this is an old thread, but the ability to monitor SSL certificates' expirations would be great.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
(I have so many useful actions here I probably need to share them).

Yes, you should 😉

First, I would like an interface where we could manually input Service, Support, and Maintenance contracts for Software and Hardware. Not sure if there is already a feature for this. It would be nice to have one place to remind us where it is time to renew, or to pull a report of previous costs for these contracts for annual budgets.

Something like this will be in version 4.2