cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiberiu
Engaged Sweeper

Howdy,

I have over 200 devices with VLC version 2.2.4 and I would like to uninstall and update to the latest version.

But I have not succeeded through the uninstall command from deploy.

Has anyone managed to use a deploy to uninstall the old version and install the new version of VLC?

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
Tiberiu
Engaged Sweeper

P.s. this is the way of uninstaller : Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe on device.

Tiberiu
Engaged Sweeper

Hello again , this command to unistall VLC, doesn't work : cd "C:\Program Files [x86]\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe" /s

same this : cd "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe" /s /v /qn

Where am I wrong ?

Thank you

Tiberiu
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

Thank you for replay, i don't have "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe" ...

My version of VLC it's 2.2.4 , and i have 1000 devices with this version and i must uninstall all and upgrade.

Thank you

brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III

The command for installing VLC is {PackageShare}\Installers\vlc\vlc-3.0.18-win32.exe" /L-1033 /S

Where L=### is the language code for the install. 1033 is english.

ASismey
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi,

Have you tried running the uninstall from the machine path, depending on the what version you are running : "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe" , I usually just upgrade using the following switches  "{PackageShare}\Installers\vlc\vlc-3.0.18-win32.exe" /S /V/qn