cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetAdminNJ
Engaged Sweeper
I have 4 forests each of which donot have a trust relationship with any other. The individual 3.2 Lansweeper install shows NNN number of servers in the forest/domain where NNN varies for each domain. I had 3 installs of Lansweeper 3.2 each focussed on its own forest.

I have setup one of the forests with an upgraded 3.51 version of Lansweeper. In the new consolidated 3.5 Lansweeper I have added the other 2 domains/forests to it and now I am not seeing the same number of devices broken down for each domain as I do when looking at the old/individual 3.2 setup.

To summarize :

With 3.2 Lansweeper I had Forest 1 with x, Forest 2 with y and Forest 3 with z number of devices.
I installed 3.51 in Forest 1. And setup active scannning and domain configuration setup for Forest 2 and 3 in the 3.51 Lansweeper setup, I am not seeing y for Forest 2 and z for Forest 3.

Any ideas as to what might be happening for the numbers not to match up ?
5 REPLIES 5
NetAdminNJ
Engaged Sweeper
I am seeing some numbers increase but not match the individual installed Lansweeper numbers. Again the individually installed 3.2 LSWP have been running for more than 2 months now. So I think they will eventually match or be very close.

But here is the thing that is baffling me.
So in each of my forests there is an empty root and a domain where all the accounts and servers exist. You use the domain accounts to query information in the forest root which holds only DNS servers.
In the individual LSWP 3.2 install which is done in the domain the forest root servers are identified and queried cleanly.
In the consolidated LSWP 3.51 install the forest root for the local domain is identified and queried but not the cross domains/forest for which I am providing a userid+password belonging to that domain.
Please note that the userid+password of the other domain is able to successfully identify and query the forest root servers when deployed in the individual LSWP 3.2 install.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
NetAdminNJ wrote:

In the consolidated LSWP 3.51 install the forest root for the local domain is identified and queried but not the cross domains/forest for which I am providing a userid+password belonging to that domain.

I'm not sure if I understand you problem clearly but in the list of domains to scan you need to fill in the domain + all subdomains you want scanned.
If you only fill in the topdomain it will not automatically scan all subdomains.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You could for example take some sample computers which are missing and check if they are in the network right now.
NetAdminNJ
Engaged Sweeper
Forest 2 in LSWP 3.2 = 0/415/495 --> Forest 2 in LSWP 3.51 = 0/368/447
Forest 3 in LSWP 3.2 = 1/324/54 --> Forest 3 in LSWP 3.51 = 0/257/8

And these numbers have not increased by 1 bit in the last 18 hours. Maybe I will wait till the weekend before comparing numbers again.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
NetAdminNJ wrote:
With 3.2 Lansweeper I had Forest 1 with x, Forest 2 with y and Forest 3 with z number of devices.
I installed 3.51 in Forest 1. And setup active scannning and domain configuration setup for Forest 2 and 3 in the 3.51 Lansweeper setup, I am not seeing y for Forest 2 and z for Forest 3.

Most likely: the computers haven't reported yet to the domaincontrollers since the new install?
How big is the difference?