Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coverthis
Engaged Sweeper
I want to create an inventory report that shows:
Comp Name: -- Model: -- Serial: -- Wireless MAC: -- Ethernet MAC:
PC-01............NCS.......T001.......34:FE:22:54:23......00:11:22:33:44

Right now everything is working except I can not differentiate b/w wireless and hard wired MAC addresses. The final report shows the computer twice with the two different addresses. Instead of the desired output as above Ex:

Comp Name: -- Model: -- Serial: -- MAC Address
PC-01.............NCS ....... T001 .... 00:11:22:33:44 Ethernet
PC-01 ............ NCS ..... T001 ..... 34:FE:22:54:23 Wireless

So I would really like everything to be on one line. Right now I am using the IPenabled = 1 to show only the two adapters I am using. I have used an excel sheet in the past with WMI and have used Win32_NetworkAdapter Class along with NetConnectionID to determine if wireless or not. But lansweeper only has Win32_Network Class not Win32_NetworkAdapter Class. So How can I do this?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
jrushing wrote:
UPDATE:

Well I know the original Topic was old, but it was worth a shot!

For all those that find there way to this thread, I say "There is light ahead!"

After some more digging, I found this: Dictionary Database!

and Yes! its here in the Lansweeper forums

This topic is indeed old. What the original poster was after was data found in the Win32_NetworkAdapter WMI class, which was not scanned at the time. This class was added at some point however and its data can now be found in the tblNetworkAdapter database table. More network adapter data can be found in tblNetwork as well. Joshuatownsend mentioned some WMI fields that were not scanned at the time either, but can now be found in the tblFloppy and tblDiskPartition database tables.

As you mentioned, you can use the database dictionary now to locate specific information within the Lansweeper database. This didn't exist 5 years ago either.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jrushing
Engaged Sweeper
UPDATE:

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
jrushing wrote:
UPDATE:

This topic is indeed old. What the original poster was after was data found in the Win32_NetworkAdapter WMI class, which was not scanned at the time. This class was added at some point however and its data can now be found in the tblNetworkAdapter database table. More network adapter data can be found in tblNetwork as well. Joshuatownsend mentioned some WMI fields that were not scanned at the time either, but can now be found in the tblFloppy and tblDiskPartition database tables.

As you mentioned, you can use the database dictionary now to locate specific information within the Lansweeper database. This didn't exist 5 years ago either.
jrushing
Engaged Sweeper
Assuming successfully inventory of the asset...

Wireless info is listed under [ ASSET NAME ] > CONFIG > NETWORK .
It records the "Description" and other information.

If the description & MAC is displayed, its recorded somewhere, right?
Where is this information stored (table, fieldnames, etc...)?

Very similar to the original poster, I need some assistance with a report that provides the following:
- AssetName
- SerialNumber
- Model
- Description (*See note below)
- Ethernet MAC
- Wireless MAC

*I current only need MACs for a specific model of Intel Wireless (listed in Description)
. . . I just don't know where to look for the data.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can add the wmi classes you want to the wishlist.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The info you need is not in the tables Lansweeper uses.
Lansweeper wrote:
The info you need is not in the tables Lansweeper uses.

I had a similar question for Win32_DiskDrive - looking for Manufacturer & Model properties, as well as W32_DiskPartition StartingOffset and a few other properties. Is there any way to add this info to the DB for reporting?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now