cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watsonle
Engaged Sweeper
I am evaluation Lansweeper to replace Open Audit for inventorying our company’s hardware/software. So far seems like a great product!

As a test setup I configured IP Range scanning for two of our test benches. When I went to report builder and selected Computer: System configuration overview, the report only showed the hardware on the host machine and none of the targets.

By trial and error I found that I had to setup the Active Scanning tab and then the overview repot did in fact report all of the target systems except that none of the Linux or VM workstations were reported.

Then I found in report builder the “IP Location: IP Address list" that reported the Linux and VM workstations but when I tried to add simple things like the workstation serial number the reports would report several instances of the same target. Since this is a derivedtbl format I was not able to figure out how to add/remove report data.

It looks to me like only the IP Range scanning method lets you set the SSH credentials for accessing the Linux, Mac & VM targets.

What I need is a data report similar to the “Computer: System configuration overview - that will also report the Linux and VM machines. Most of what I need to report is in the data below except the Linux/VM’s.

Let me know if you can help.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Domain, Web40OSName.OSname, tblComputers.Userdomain, web40CorrectMemory.Memory As Memory, Cast(Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As varchar) As [Disk size], web40ProcessorCapacity.NrOfProcessors, web40ProcessorCapacity.CPU, tblComputerSystemProduct.Name As Model, tblComputerSystemProduct.Vendor As Manufacturer, tblComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber As Serial, tblComputers.LastknownIP As [IP Address], tblDiskdrives.Freespace, tblComputers.Computer From tblComputers Inner Join tblDiskdrives On tblComputers.Computername = tblDiskdrives.Computername Left Outer Join web40ProcessorCapacity On tblComputers.Computername = web40ProcessorCapacity.Computername Inner Join web40CorrectMemory On web40CorrectMemory.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join tblComputerSystemProduct On tblComputers.Computername = tblComputerSystemProduct.Computername Where tblDiskdrives.Caption = 'c:' Order By dbo.tblComputers.Computername

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is also being answered through email.

By trial and error I found that I had to setup the Active Scanning tab

This is not the case. None of the built-in reports in the report builder take into account which scanning method was used to scan a machine. If a computer was scanned with any scanning method, it will be added to your database and it will be included in the report “Computer: System configuration overview”.
What likely happened is that IP Range Scanning was not configured correctly and nothing was scanned using this scanning method.

Then I found in report builder the “IP Location: IP Address list" that reported the Linux and VM workstations but when I tried to add simple things like the workstation serial number the reports would report several instances of the same target. Since this is a derivedtbl format I was not able to figure out how to add/remove report data.

Computer and device information is currently stored in different tables. The IP address report is one of the few reports that combines both computer and device information. You cannot easily create custom reports that include both computer and device info. Basic computer info is stored in tblComputers, basic device info is stored in tblCustDevices. These tables are the starting points for creating computer or device reports.

It looks to me like only the IP Range scanning method lets you set the SSH credentials for accessing the Linux, Mac & VM targets.

These machines are considered “devices” in Lansweeper and can only be scanned through IP Range Scanning. IP Range Scanning is the only scanning method which allows you to submit SSH credentials.

What I need is a data report similar to the “Computer: System configuration overview - that will also report the Linux and VM machines. Most of what I need to report is in the data below except the Linux/VM’s.

See previous. You'll need to create separate reports for computers and devices. Info returned from Linux machines will be limited.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is also being answered through email.

By trial and error I found that I had to setup the Active Scanning tab

This is not the case. None of the built-in reports in the report builder take into account which scanning method was used to scan a machine. If a computer was scanned with any scanning method, it will be added to your database and it will be included in the report “Computer: System configuration overview”.
What likely happened is that IP Range Scanning was not configured correctly and nothing was scanned using this scanning method.

Computer and device information is currently stored in different tables. The IP address report is one of the few reports that combines both computer and device information. You cannot easily create custom reports that include both computer and device info. Basic computer info is stored in tblComputers, basic device info is stored in tblCustDevices. These tables are the starting points for creating computer or device reports.

These machines are considered “devices” in Lansweeper and can only be scanned through IP Range Scanning. IP Range Scanning is the only scanning method which allows you to submit SSH credentials.

See previous. You'll need to create separate reports for computers and devices. Info returned from Linux machines will be limited.