cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMCENT
Engaged Sweeper

Hello

Several times through out the year we are asked for reports for auditing purposed to list out all the local administrators on a few of our critical systems.  We have a basic report setup up that lists all local accounts, AD users and AD Groups that are in the Administrators group on the servers.  The issue is we are now being asked what users are in the groups as well.  Can the below report be modified to also list out the nested users in each AD group in separate column?  Each column would be the different AD Group and members listed in that column.  Below is our basic report that we currently have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblUsersInGroup.Username,
tblUsersInGroup.Domainname,
tblUsersInGroup.Groupname,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblUsersInGroup On tblAssets.AssetID = tblUsersInGroup.AssetID
Where tblUsersInGroup.Groupname = 'administrators'
Order By tblAssets.AssetName

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
JMCENT
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks for the response @Mister_Nobody .  That doesn't seem to work on this end.  In the Report all the Down_**_Domain Columns and Down_**_object_name columns are blank.  Not 100% sure how this report is supposed to work.  best example of what I'm looking for is lets say in the local administrators there a bunch of individual users and there is a group called "DB Server Administrators."  If possible I would like to have in the report not only individual users and the group.....but also all the members that are in the group listed out.  Some servers might have a single group.  Some might have up to 20 different AD groups.  Hope that all makes sense.  

1. I use this report and it works as expected.
  2. If down_level is blanc then there is no AD nested groups on this level.
  3. It shows all members in groups.

You can modify query for your requirements, all needed fields are presented.