cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmichiels
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello,

I have created a custom report and would like to make clickable on counts.
Would be great if I can just click on 'count', like picture below and get result with status stock in that country (custom3).

Select Top 1000000 tblAssetCustom.Custom3 As Country,
Count(tblAssets.AssetID) As Count,
tblState.Statename As State
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Where tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer Not Like 'VMware%'
Group By tblAssetCustom.Custom3,
tblState.Statename
Having tblState.Statename Like 'stock'
Order By State

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I think the "problem" here is with SQL, once you group objects together SQL no longer knows who the objects are he combined. I don't think Lansweeper can do something about this.

I think you want to click on 23 and then get a list of the 23 items in stock in Göteborg, which is a list that does not exist, you will have to create it with a query.

I think the easiest way for you to solve it is without the "group" part in your function, and when you want only the results from, lets say Göteborg, you type Göteborg in the search field on top.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kristy
Engaged Sweeper
Susan and Sonia Thank you for your solution on this matter.
I am still challenged by this response and hoping I do not require multiple reports.

I too have created a report with a count and want the total to be clickable, reason being the results will determine my teams approach/priority for resolution and action.

Please tell me since this post in 2016 there is away to drill down on the results of the count via a simple click.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone: you'll notice that some fields (model, software etc.) are clickable within report results, but these links are hard coded into the software. To create your own links, you would have to add a parameterized query to the tsysdbobjects database table and then reference this query in your main report with the hyperlink feature. This is unfortunately not something we can provide instructions or support for. (Incorrectly editing tsysdbobjects could break your installation.)

Solina's suggestion of listing the assets instead of counting them is a good one. Thanks for posting, Solina!
PeteWilson
Engaged Sweeper II
Susan.A wrote:
Just an FYI for everyone: you'll notice that some fields (model, software etc.) are clickable within report results, but these links are hard coded into the software. To create your own links, you would have to add a parameterized query to the tsysdbobjects database table and then reference this query in your main report with the hyperlink feature.

Unfortunately the hyperlink feature is broken since it always creates a link that opens a new Window or Tab (and misspells the target as "_blanc" instead of "_blank").

Is there any list available of what clickable fielsd are built-in and what columns are required for them to work?
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I think the "problem" here is with SQL, once you group objects together SQL no longer knows who the objects are he combined. I don't think Lansweeper can do something about this.

I think you want to click on 23 and then get a list of the 23 items in stock in Göteborg, which is a list that does not exist, you will have to create it with a query.

I think the easiest way for you to solve it is without the "group" part in your function, and when you want only the results from, lets say Göteborg, you type Göteborg in the search field on top.

Hope this helps.