cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidr521
Engaged Sweeper
How do I show the OS Install Date? I've dug through tons of forum posts, etc. and I'd like to get as far as I can tell, that's about as close as I can get to the actual "machine install date" (but that's really what I'm after).

I'm trying to determine the relative age of everything in my enterprise, and this is the last (and biggest) stumbling block I have encountered.

Any/all help would be appreciated. I'm almost ready to buy the product, but I can't justify any purchase at all (and would hate to have to jump to something like SpiceWorks) until/unless I can figure this out.

Please advise and thanks...much appreciated to any/all who can help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: tblComputers is an old database table that no longer exists in 5.X releases of Lansweeper. This table has been replaced by tblAssets. If you're on a 5.X release of Lansweeper, you can find a 5.X version of the OS install date report in the Reports tab of the console. The report's called "Computer: By install date". This is the report referenced by forum user nmjohns as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: tblComputers is an old database table that no longer exists in 5.X releases of Lansweeper. This table has been replaced by tblAssets. If you're on a 5.X release of Lansweeper, you can find a 5.X version of the OS install date report in the Reports tab of the console. The report's called "Computer: By install date". This is the report referenced by forum user nmjohns as well.
nmjohns
Engaged Sweeper II
What would I need to run in order to do this report? I tried copying the above directly but I get an error of
Invalid SELECT statement. Unknown object name: "tblComputers".: Unexpected token "tblComputers" at line 0, column -1

Nevermind, I realize now that there is actually a report for this.

http://address/report.aspx?det=web40repcomputerinstalldate&title=Computer%3a+By+install+date
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
try this report:
It has the OS install date and the Bios release date.

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblOperatingsystem.InstallDate As OSInstallDate,
tblBIOS.ReleaseDate As BiosReleaseDate
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
tblBIOS On tblBIOS.Computername = tblComputers.Computername
Lansweeper wrote:
try this report:
It has the OS install date and the Bios release date.

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblOperatingsystem.InstallDate As OSInstallDate,
tblBIOS.ReleaseDate As BiosReleaseDate
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
tblBIOS On tblBIOS.Computername = tblComputers.Computername

That definitely helped! Thanks!