cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
I finally upgraded from 6.0.150 to 7.0.151 yesterday. We have had the built in report for warning about less than 10% partition free for VMWare host set to email for a while but it has not had reason to trigger. This morning we got an email about 1 host. However the host partition is far from full. I copied the current report definition into SQL Mgmt Studio and the free space percentage is now always returning zero. I showed this by adding the calculation as a field in the query.

Values for this host are:
Total Space: 4191888080896
Free Space: 3456196673536

I did look at the report definition as listed in this post --> https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst10202_Vmware--less-than-10--partition-free--Built-in.aspx#post38667

The definition is different. I tried the original definition in SQL Mgmt Studio and even after disabling the where clause, that query returns no results.

I don't have much time to work on the report right now. If no one posts a fix soon then I will see what I can do to find the problem and post back.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
OK, problem wasn't too hard to solve after all. The where clause needs to be updated to do floating point division instead of integer division:

Where tblVmwareDisk.TotalSpace <> 0 
And CAST(tblVmwareDisk.FreeSpace as float) / CAST(tblVmwareDisk.TotalSpace as float) * 100 < 10
And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
OK, problem wasn't too hard to solve after all. The where clause needs to be updated to do floating point division instead of integer division:

Where tblVmwareDisk.TotalSpace <> 0 
And CAST(tblVmwareDisk.FreeSpace as float) / CAST(tblVmwareDisk.TotalSpace as float) * 100 < 10
And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now