cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
hello has anyone got a report witch would tell me all the pc that the windows firewall service is not disabled on

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Dave_G
Engaged Sweeper
Ok thank you, didn't think to check that, but I will.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Take a look at the "waittime" for service scanning, it is probably set to a couple of days.
Dave_G
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the quick response, Yes I would like to see which machines the firewall service is not disabled on as we use a GPO from our server to manage the firewall settings and not from the local machine.

The problem we have is, that having a GPO to control our firewall from the server is not being pushed down to the workstations properly so I am finding some pc's with it disabled and some that aren't. We use Sonicwall as our Firewall applience so we don't need the service enabled on the clients. Hope this helps.
Dave_G
Engaged Sweeper
I have created a report for Firewall not disabled using this code:

CREATE VIEW dbo.web30repFirewallnotdisabled
AS
SELECT dbo.tblComputers.Computername, dbo.tblServices.Caption, dbo.tblServices.Started, dbo.tblServices.Startmode
FROM dbo.tblComputers INNER JOIN
dbo.tblServices ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblServices.Computername
WHERE (dbo.tblServices.Caption = 'Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)') AND (dbo.tblServices.Startmode = 'Disabled')

GO

INSERT INTO [tsysreports] ([Reportquery],[Reporttitle]) VALUES ('web30repFirewallnotdisabled','Firewall Not Disabled')

Everything appears to be ok, by that I mean, when I open my Lansweeper webpage the report shows up ok on the digital dashboard, as set in the GUI interface.

I stopped the Lansweeper service, restarted it, logged onto a pc that I know has the firewall still enabled then checked the webpage to see if it reported the pc as not having the firewall disabled but the pc doesn't show.

Is there anything I may have missed in the code that would prevent the pc from showing?

Thank you in advance for any and all help 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Dave G wrote:

I stopped the Lansweeper service, restarted it, logged onto a pc that I know has the firewall still enabled then checked the webpage to see if it reported the pc as not having the firewall disabled but the pc doesn't show.

Is there anything I may have missed in the code that would prevent the pc from showing?

This report shows if the windows firewall service is disabled or not (see the services with services.msc,you need it to use windows firewall)
It does not show if the firewall settings are enabled or disabled.

Another remark : if the firewall is enabled without exceptions, how is the lansweeper service going to scan the client?
sundarrs
Engaged Sweeper II
How to run this
Should this be run under SQL scripts or under Reports
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
Thats spot on thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This should get what you want

SELECT     dbo.tblComputers.Computername, dbo.tblServices.Caption, dbo.tblServices.Started, dbo.tblServices.Startmode
FROM dbo.tblComputers INNER JOIN
dbo.tblServices ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblServices.Computername
WHERE (dbo.tblServices.Caption = 'Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)') AND (dbo.tblServices.Startmode = 'Disabled')