cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmerkel
Engaged Sweeper
Has anyone created a report to get all the software and Hardware (including pc and monitor)? I have been looking and have not had any luck. I would like it to list the PC name, username, IP, monitors attached, printer if attached and all software installed except for like .Net and other standard software that microsoft installs. Visual c+ and the like.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If your SQL guy has any ideas that pan out, please share. You never know; he might have a novel approach that could benefit the rest of us. I'm open to new ideas. I'm sure others here would be, too.

Best of luck.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If you have access to an external reporting tool like Crystal Reports, that would probably be more appropriate for what you're after. Create a bunch of subreports for each of the potentially-multiple-row results and add them to a master report run on the PCs. You could probably produce 1-page-per-PC reports that way.
RC62N wrote:
If you have access to an external reporting tool like Crystal Reports, that would probably be more appropriate for what you're after. Create a bunch of subreports for each of the potentially-multiple-row results and add them to a master report run on the PCs. You could probably produce 1-page-per-PC reports that way.

no I do not have access to CR. I will have to run separate then merge them some how. Going to talk to my my sql guy and see if he has any suggestions.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
The wiser move would be to create multiple reports.

A PC may have multiple users.
A PC may have multiple associated IP addresses.
A PC may have multiple monitors.
A PC may have multiple printers.
A PC will definitely have multiple software records, even if you filter out MS redistributables (.NET runtimes, VC++, etc.).

If you insist on a creating a single report, you'll end up with (# users) * (# IPs) * (# monitors) * (# printers) * (# software) rows per PC.

It can be done, but you'll end up with a lot of redundancy in the output.
RC62N wrote:
The wiser move would be to create multiple reports.

A PC may have multiple users.
A PC may have multiple associated IP addresses.
A PC may have multiple monitors.
A PC may have multiple printers.
A PC will definitely have multiple software records, even if you filter out MS redistributables (.NET runtimes, VC++, etc.).

If you insist on a creating a single report, you'll end up with (# users) * (# IPs) * (# monitors) * (# printers) * (# software) rows per PC.

It can be done, but you'll end up with a lot of redundancy in the output.

Thanks for the Input