cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

The August 2024 edition of Patch Tuesday brings us 86 new fixes, with 7 rated as critical and 6 exploited. Additionally, I've also used the the new format of report as was discussed on the forum here: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/reports-analytics/patch-tuesday-improvement/m-p/75608

You can find all the info and report in the August blog post.

55 Comments
BethRich
Engaged Sweeper II

I also like the list of patch numbers. Adding preview KBs is one step I have used in the past to help overcome discrepancies. We also create a server-only version, plus a chart version for servers, for a total of three reports. Other people manage WSUS and I manage the reports. We depend on accuracy of this report (and specific KB numbers) for anything that requires special handling. I am reserving judgement as to how this new approach functions. As we close out August and move into September, we will see how it goes.

grimsheeper
Engaged Sweeper II

So very similar to my situation then!

MikeJep
Engaged Sweeper

We also use the 'Install one of these updates' column in the report to tell WSUS which patches to download.  If you can't add this column back, please let us know how to identify which patches are required?

Many thanks

Mike

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

+1 to  'Install one of these updates' column

😏

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

I'll add it back next month 🙂

MikeJep
Engaged Sweeper

Brilliant - many thanks 🙂

OT-Guy
Engaged Sweeper

How do I download and install the patches for an on-premise (not internet connected) installation?

JanC
Engaged Sweeper

@OT-Guy

You do have internet, else you wouldn't be able to post this comment.

From the very same computer, you can copy/paste the patch script in a notepad (txt.file)  and copy to the onprem installetion though a network share (or usb key)  

OT-Guy
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you for the help.

These comments are from my corporate computer which is not connected to the control system.  I thought a patch upgrade would involve something similar to other OS patches.  After copying the script, where is it applied in the Lansweeper application? 

grimsheeper
Engaged Sweeper II

LANSweeper doesnt install the patches - this is a monthly patch report

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now