cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IainCaldwell
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Lansweeper is delighted to announce new capabilities in the security vulnerabilities space. Building on the foundations of our world-class scanning technology Lansweeper has enhanced our software scanning to normalize and enrich with NIST standard naming and identification. This enables Lansweeper to offer value add capabilities matching clients' software against NIST vulnerabilities databases.

This is a preview feature and will be iterated frequently over the next few months before the official release. Please use this space to give suggestions +ve or -ve to help us improve the product.

78 REPLIES 78
EricMMHC
Engaged Sweeper II

I would love the feature to filter results.  Specifically source.  There are a lot of false positives and being able to filter by developer would help get to ones I can patch.  Seems a lot of Mozilla and Microsoft vulnerabilities are false positives.  I'm finding most of them have already been patched and insights isn't picking that up.

We are already working to include on top of the vulnerabilities views: custom views, advanced filtering, and export capabilities. As part of the advanced filtering, you will be able to filter by source and many other fields. ðŸ˜€

On the other hand, we are also working to improve the detection of patch installations on the assets.

I will keep you up to date. Thanks for your feedback!

James12
Engaged Sweeper II

do we have a time frame for this?

we have literally just jumped on board with the cloud stuff and upgraded our licence went great vulnerabilities scan its doing what our existing bit of software  was doing already for us decided to drop it.

Then just realised in last 24 hrs  this particular feature  can't do a simple filter "don't tell me about non active devices" , looking at 1K+ vulnerabilities is proving to be a nightmare, to the point it could prove unusable.

I really want to get on board with this considering as a whole I think Lansweeper is a good product.

Hi @James12,

I ask you for a bit of patience. Sec. Insights is a functionality in preview, and we are working hard to introduce new functionalities, but always getting the level of quality expected by you (our customers), so it requires a bit of time to achieve it.

The custom views, advanced filtering, and export that I mentioned above are expected for the end of next January.

Thanks for your trust.

Regards

OncoITguy
Engaged Sweeper

This is a much needed feature! I assume it will be customizable? Specifically to filter device state? 

Disregard. Answered in a previous post. 🙂

rmcosta
Engaged Sweeper
Congratulations to Lansweeper and all the team that worked on this Cloud project, the vulnerability module was very GOOD!!

Spamhater0071
Engaged Sweeper

Hello, I very much like this added feature. 

I would like to have that extended to the assets listed, so when you drill down into an asset, I would like to see all the CVE's that the asset is affected by.

Thanks, Tony

Thanks Tony for your feedback,

You are not the first one requesting it, and taking into consideration your feedback and seeing the value it will add, this is already in our roadmap to be included in the product. ðŸ˜ƒ

I do not have an estimated date yet, but we are doing our best to make it a reality.

Thanks,

Regards

Knut
Engaged Sweeper II

That's a great feature.

I used to have (at least) two tools to manage my assets and their vulnerability exposure, now I could only need lansweeper for both.

What OS's does the Vulnerability scanner support for now ? It appears that only Windows are compatible.

What is the OS's support ultimate goal ? (do you plan to support network devices, like Fortinet for exemple ?)

Thanks !