→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
I am downloading it now. But can I get a confirmation that the Active Scanning interval was changed to 20 hours? I didnt see this in the details post.
AND WOOHOOO on the 40kb full scan!!!! No longer will I feel the wrath of our WAN group!!!
9 REPLIES 9
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
FYI I have been running 4.2 for the last few days and the 20 hour change appears to have made an impact. Thank You

I would still like to see lspush be incorporated into Active Scanning, and triggered scanning from the website.

Perhaps have some rules in effect for scanning.

IF 2 failed lspush attempts in 2 days, attempt default scan.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Does active scanning now use lspush? No I did not have it on. Having Active Scanning turned on creates to much traffic durring the daylight hours.

Cant you have all scanning trigger lspush on the remote PCs using the scan creditals already setup in the lansweeper service?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:
Does active scanning now use lspush?

No,
Active scanning is the same as before except for the 8->20 hours change.

If you upgrade without using lspush, make sure active scanning is still active. (if you used it before)

MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Can that be changed? The main reason I went with Premium is because I would not have to use the startup script. If a PC is having issues and not running scripts from the domain the PC would not appear in the DB at all.

And something is/was wrong with 4.2beta scanning speed altogether anyway.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can that be changed? The main reason I went with Premium is because I would not have to use the startup script. If a PC is having issues and not running scripts from the domain the PC would not appear in the DB at all.

If you use active scanning you don't have to.

And something is/was wrong with 4.2beta scanning speed altogether anyway.

Did you enable active scanning in your testing?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:
I am downloading it now. But can I get a confirmation that the Active Scanning interval was changed to 20 hours? I didnt see this in the details post.

Confirmed, I've edited the list.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Another update.

I watched the queue no more than 5-7 PC's would ever get scanned after 20-30 min. I then reverted back to 4.1.0.18 and I'm back to orginal scanning speed.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Got excited to fast.

How do I use LSpush? My LSpush Queue never changes from 0. and I confirmed that lspush.exe is in the Client folder.

I just ran a scan on 100PCs connected over a T1 and the ping instantly jumped to 150-250ms for a solid 17+ min. I started the scan on this location by going through "Computer OU Overview" opening the correct OU and clicking "full scan".

Any help? Am I going to have to use the Start up script style solution? Or can you change the LSservice to remotely execute lspush.exe on PCs?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:

How do I use LSpush? My LSpush Queue never changes from 0. and I confirmed that lspush.exe is in the Client folder.

If you want to use lspush to scan all computers you need to use the "lsclient login script" style.

The lspush queue is always low, processing one computers takes about 1-2 seconds on the server side.