cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee-Kinetic
Engaged Sweeper II
We just starting deploying Windows 7 in our environment. We have an MSI that we needed to remove. We were trying to connect to our Windows 7 machines but when we do connect with the RemoteUninst.exe utility we are receiving the message:

Error
General error on retrieving installed software from remote machine.The operation completed successfully.

First I guess the operation of creating an error "...completed successfully".

I have tried the RemoteUninst.exe utility on Windows XP, Server 2003 (32 and 64-bit), Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit) and Windows 7.

Only our Win7 machines seem to be affected.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is a confirmed bug. A fix will be released in a few days.
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
We are getting the same error. We didn't have any issues connecting to XP or WIN7 systems prior to updating RemoteUninst.exe the other day. It worked great using XP and WIN7.

Update: I've tested using the old version as you requested above and it works as before the update when connecting to either XP or WIN7 from an XP or WIN7 machine.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with a screenshot of the error message.

Some changes were recently made to the Remote Uninstall tool. Could you try connecting to the problem computers with an older version.
Please let us know if you experience this issue with the old Remote Uninstall as well.