cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimH
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

I am having an issue where some machines have a Software scan time of 200-400 seconds. My wait time is set to 0 which works just fine for almost all of my assets except for these few.

As near as I can tell the affected machines are all in one geographic/Active Directory/IP address location. Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If your network connection is slow, it is likely expected behavior for that much traffic to be generated. Note that more traffic is needed to establish the various WMI connections to your client machines than to send data back to the Lansweeper server. Every time Lansweeper queries the client machine's registry, a new connection is established and more traffic is generated.

We would recommend scanning your machines locally using LsPush.

P.S.: We've deleted your other thread.
TimH
Engaged Sweeper III
I guess since I sort of changed topics I will start a new thread.
TimH
Engaged Sweeper III
I will consider that option.

However, I would still like to figure out why there is so much traffic between Lansweeper and the individual machines at this site. All other sites show traffic in the Kbytes. This site shows traffic in the MBytes. I am seeing an average of about 20MB over a 5-10 minute period on each host.

Here is a small sample of one:

Conversation Traffic History

8:42:00 AM LanSweeper server <--- client machine 110.3 kbytes 469 Packets
8:42:00 AM LanSweeper server ---> client machine 680.3 kbytes 735 Packets
8:41:00 AM LanSweeper server <--- client machine 229.2 kbytes 1.397K Packets
8:41:00 AM LanSweeper server ---> client machine 2.9 Mbytes 2.447K Packets
8:40:00 AM LanSweeper server <--- client machine 299.7 kbytes 1.681K Packets
8:40:00 AM LanSweeper server ---> client machine 3.5 Mbytes 2.997K Packets
8:39:00 AM LanSweeper server <--- client machine 346.8 kbytes 1.572K Packets

I understand that on a slow link it will take longer to scan. What I cannot figure out is why there is so much data being sent.

Again, thanks for any insight you can provide.

Tim
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If bandwidth is a problem you can try using lspush for this site.
TimH
Engaged Sweeper III
I wouldn't necessarily say that their connection is bad but it is a low bandwidth link. We do not experience any other issues (that I know of) on this line.

My concern isn't so much the time it takes to scan the software on the machine. My main concern is the amount of data that is being pulled back while performing the scan. It really reduces the performance of the link. Sometimes it takes up to 75% of the bandwidth. I don't see this at any other site. Even sites with similar bandwidth. It almost seems like there is something odd with just that site.

I could set my software scan wait time to 1 or 2 maybe but that would impact all other assets. I could exclude that IP range from scanning but then I get nothing from those machines. Are there any other options in Lansweeper that would only affect that site?

I understand that this may not be a Lansweeper issue but I am exploring all possible solutions at this time.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This could be caused by a bad network connection to this site.
Do you experience any problems on this line?