cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edu_ayus
Product Team
Product Team

Hi all!

Going one step forward in the vulnerabilities operation, we have included a new capability in the Vulnerability list, where you can ignore certain vulnerabilities and set the reason why.

This helps get a more focused list of the vulnerabilities threatening your inventory by ignoring the ones irrelevant to you!

👉 Ignore vulnerabilities and select why they will be ignored: False positive, Risk acceptance, Not relevant.
👉 Undo the action if needed by reactivating the vulnerability.

As you can see in the screenshot below, two new elements were incorporated in the vulnerabilities section inside Security Insights:

• A new Ignored vulnerabilities view where all the ignored vulnerabilities will be moved.
  • In the active vulnerabilities list, a new action button on the top right(close to the search box) will allow ignoring the vulnerabilities, one or multiple at the same time.

edu_ayus_0-1668427952460.png

As it was mentioned above, you can set the reason why you are ignoring a vulnerability: false positive, risk accepted, or not relevant. It is mandatory providing a reason before being allowed to CONFIRM:

edu_ayus_1-1668428533312.png

And remember you can always revert the vulnerability back to the active list. Just select the ones to revert and click reactivate as you can see below:

edu_ayus_3-1668428832674.png

Thanks for reading it and please write a comment with any feedback that could help us to improve the product. I will be attentive to it!

1 REPLY 1
edu_ayus
Product Team
Product Team

Hi again!

I want to share some usability improvements we are introducing on the ignore functionality.

- The more relevant is you can now ignore or reactivate a vulnerability directly from any vulnerability details. That makes it easier having the possibility to review the vulnerability before deciding to ignore/reactivate it:

edu_ayus_0-1674490359999.png

- Additionally, we  also added the vulnerability status (Active or Ignored) to the details page, so you don't need to remember it when you are on the details page from a vulnerability: 

edu_ayus_1-1674490510509.png

I hope these improvements are helpful, and if you have any feedback or idea to share with us, you can write a post just here.

Thanks!