cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facilities
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello

I see the new beta version uses HTTPS as per the info below:

From Lansweeper version 6.0.100.0 onward, the Lansweeper Server service uses HTTPS instead of HTTP to handle incoming requests by the LsPush scanning agent, which also means that only the most recent version of LsPush found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client on the Lansweeper server will still work for agent based scanning. Make sure to implement this new version in any logon scripts, group policies or other scheduled jobs you're using to run LsPush. Use of older versions of LsPush will result in socket errors similar to the one below.

Any timelines on the release for 6.0.100.0?
Will it be secure enough if I change the default scanning port from 9524 to 443 and expose this to the internet?

It isn't something that I want to do but I am trying to automate a scheduled task to run on users pc's that are not connected to our network. I know we can get it to create files and also send via email but chasing 400 users to get updated scans is a nightmare and not working for us. I hoping that at some point the laptops will be connected to the internet and the scheduled task will run and then update the server directly via port 443. Hopefully client networks will allow the traffic over 443 and they will update while at client sites as well and eliminate the need for manual intervention.

Regards
Nick

3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper 7 includes LsAgent which allows the use of a relay to scan remote assets via the internet. It also includes Mac and Linux support.
Facilities
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Bruce

Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Scanning over the internet is a real must feature for us as well as a LSPUSH type scan for Linux and Mac.

Regards
Nick
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The public release date of version 6.0.100.0 has not yet been determined, it will depend on beta feedback. We're currently planning to add an agent that will be able to transmit scanned data over the internet. This feature is in active development but will not be part of 6.0.100, we don't have an estimated release date for this feature yet at this moment.

Even with https being used, we wouldn't recommend using LsPush over the internet, it was not designed for this purpose and we cannot officially recommend it. Rest assured though that we are working on an agent that can be used safely over the internet.

As LsPush over the internet isn't yet part of Lansweeper, we've moved your topic to the wishlist section of the forum.