cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimwilts
Engaged Sweeper II

When I try to save and run this query I get the message

Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '1:8' to data type int.
How to resolve this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wimwilts
Engaged Sweeper II

Champion Sweeper,

Thanks for your reply, but it is not a solution for me (I tested with my own desktop PRO01). Last Chrome report that goes well is about Chrome 104, all later give me the same error. Lansweeper is running as an instance with an up-to-date SQL Server 2017 version. When I change all '104' to '107' in this report, it results in an actual list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rom
Champion Sweeper III

the report works for me -  so i'm stabbing in the dark here -

there's usually a red error that has the line,etc of the error.  can you reply with that? 

It's either a funky version number for Chrome, or if you're using the default database installation of SQL Express, it might be having a problem with the commands...   my guess is there's a funky version number that has a colon in it for some reason (it's not supposed to).  

Try going to 'windows: all software by computer' and looking for a colon in one of the version numbers maybe?  And also the linux all software report as well...

you could try throwing a single asset in as criteria:  (reference the line where I put 'where tblassets.assetname = 'Util01' -  and change that in your report to an asset name that you know has chrome) - if it works then, it's some funky version number on an asset -  

tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher Like '%Google%' And tblState.Statename =
'Active' And ((Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 4) As int) < 107)
Or (Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 4) As int) = 107 And
Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 2) As int) < 5304) Or
(Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 4) As int) = 107 And
Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 2) As int) = 5304 And
Cast(ParseName(tblSoftware.softwareVersion, 1) As int) < 62))
and tblassets.assetname = 'Util01'
Union
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,

wimwilts
Engaged Sweeper II

Champion Sweeper,

Thanks for your reply, but it is not a solution for me (I tested with my own desktop PRO01). Last Chrome report that goes well is about Chrome 104, all later give me the same error. Lansweeper is running as an instance with an up-to-date SQL Server 2017 version. When I change all '104' to '107' in this report, it results in an actual list.