cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
We make use of the software authorization features LS has and I assume others do to since it has stuck around with each upgrade. I'd love to see at least one of two changes there;

A) A way to say automatically approve results by publisher. Microsoft, Oracle, & Adobe show up on my neutral list almost daily, and I've yet to deny one of them, so it seems like we should be able to just add the publisher to always trusted list.

B) A community approved / denied list option. You could allow people to opt in to a industry specific, community generated, approved / denied list.
6 REPLIES 6
Kboyer
Engaged Sweeper III
Just adding our support for all the previous requests to Software Authorizations..
..been waiting a few years. .It must have moved up the Wishlist 🙂
Raphmore
Engaged Sweeper
Can you create new categories?
IT4
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello I would like to see in this list another column that gets automatically set to "Newly added" or "New Software". The meaning of this column would be that this specific software has to be categorized yet. We use the Approved for widely used and sure good software, the neutral for software that does only get installed on special request and denied for software that has to be removed. On base of the "New" column I could trigger an report that gets emailed to the admin that should review the software and categorize.
Thanks for your consideration.
MagnusKnight
Engaged Sweeper II
Adding my support and request to be able to approve/disapprove software based on publisher. This would be a very welcome feature for us!
murpmic
Engaged Sweeper III
I had asked a year ago for another option as well.
We are a school so I could use another category

Approved = anyone can have it.
Unauthorized = no one should have it.
Uncategorized = something new

How about a Reviewable?

Reviewable = software that might be ok for some (approved) but not for others (students). Having this extra category would make reviewing software such as a registry editor or the surveillance camera software more easy to monitor to make sure no one has loaded anything in the gray areas.

Thanks for the consideration. Would love that feature too.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
These features are on our customer wish list, but we do not currently have a release date for them. We are focused on finishing up our software deployment beta and help desk alpha for now.