cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoopy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi. Starting from March 2021, the report logic for patch tuesday audit has changed. Does anyone else find it incorrect?

Previously the report was checking for specific KB numbers, which represent monthly cumulative patches for each Windows version. But currently the criteria is filtering like "KBnumber equal or greater than xxxx". So for example in this month, for Windows 2019 there was a monthly patch KB5001330. But there is a SSU update KB5001404 - with greater number. Now some of my servers first installed KB5001404, but still don't have KB5001330 (for various reasons). However, with new report, they already show as "up to date", which is not true.
4 Comments
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
That's what I think too.
Besides that, makes it impossible to create a report that shows the security updates from the last 3 month, displayed by month.
Does anyone know a website you can trust that gives an actual status of all security updates per month?
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
We had the exact problem as described today.
KB5001404 is a service stack update, which is a prerequisite for KB5001342, the 'real' security update.
KB5001342 was not installed, but the report (on which we heavily depend) showed as 'up to date'.
So I'd really like to see the 'old way' back, maybe with a weekly update that reflects updated updates.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've been testing this new version as a solution to the issue where the report would be outdated as soon as Microsoft releases a new update.

However, Microsoft's version numbering method and transparency seems to create issues. Their update history web page doesn't include all the actual updates released which is causing these issues in the report.

Most likely I'll be switching back to the previous report style.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've started a research topic on our insider community to test improvements we can make to the report. If you want you can join it here: https://insider.lansweeper.com/t/patch-tuesday-improvements/702

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now