cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbcoleman
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all. So I made a copy of the built in "All Workstations" report, and added and rearranged some fields. It seems to be all okay except for one thing. I compared the results of my report to the built in report, and it shows about 10 less workstations. I searched these workstations in lansweeper and they are active and online.
Why would my report be so much different than the built in one? All I did was add fields and moved them around, that shouldn't change the results... right?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you add tables, this can reduce the result count, even if you didn't add filters. By default, SQL only displays a record in the report output if there is a record in both linked tables. This is standard SQL behavior, not specific to Lansweeper. If you link a table that a computer doesn't have a record in, that computer will no longer be listed. You can right-click on all links between tblAssets and other tables and tick "select all rows from tblAssets" to force all assets in tblAssets to be displayed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you add tables, this can reduce the result count, even if you didn't add filters. By default, SQL only displays a record in the report output if there is a record in both linked tables. This is standard SQL behavior, not specific to Lansweeper. If you link a table that a computer doesn't have a record in, that computer will no longer be listed. You can right-click on all links between tblAssets and other tables and tick "select all rows from tblAssets" to force all assets in tblAssets to be displayed.