→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, to clarify I didn't upgrade to 4.0, I did a clean install on a new server.
Due to database corruption in the original lansweeper database I could not migrate to the new server, had to do a clean install.

Install is complete, and my Lansweeper Web Console says Page Cannot Be Displayed. I'm sure there is a real simple solution that I'm missing. IIS is running. Can anyone help, thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bsciarra wrote:
Okay I was never given an option to unintall just the website portion so it uninstalled the whole thing.
Now I am reinstalling and in my installation error log I am getting "error: cannot open user default database. login failed." and "error: the database 'lansweeperdb' does not exist. use sp_helpdb to show available databases"

I'm pretty lost, do you guys have a phone number I can call.

please use skype:lansweeper 9-17h CET or lansweeper@hemoco.com
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
I can't uninstall IIS. Could this have anything to do with the user in the web.config file needing certain permissions. It is the default user of lansweeperuser , password is mysecretpassword0
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bsciarra wrote:
I can't uninstall IIS. Could this have anything to do with the user in the web.config file needing certain permissions. It is the default user of lansweeperuser , password is mysecretpassword0

This user is needed to connect to the database, and is unrelated to your problem.

After you started the IIS service, can you try to install the lansweeper website again. (only the website, leave database and service intact)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
if you don't use IIS for anything else I suggest re-installing it.
install the lansweeper website again afterwards.

The errors you get are generated by IIS, not by lansweeper.
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for your response. I went to IIS Manager and saw World Wide Web Publishing Service was not running.

I enabled the service, and the Lansweeper Web Console now says: "Server Application Unavailable. The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the Refresh button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur."

I check the application event log and it says "aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid"

Do I need to add lansweeper user username/passwords somewhere? I am not the original administrator who set this up originally so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
What is the server OS?

Can you run the setup again, select new installation and select only the website to install.

For IIS make sure that the IIS services are started (check with the internet information services manager)