cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joegasper
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not finding the addition of the use of the {mac} parameter for device actions is working under 4.1 ("-added {mac} as a device action parameter")

I've tried just simply {mac} as the Action, and the "code" is just:

javascript:runApp('','false');

I've looked at several types of devices (NAS, Network device, Printer, Webserver).

Also, why again can't we get the {mac} used with custome Computer Actions when it's available for WOL?

Thanks,
Joe
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is currently no built-in functionality for adding custom action parameters. You must use the parameters listed in the Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\Custom Actions.
GettyAdmin
Engaged Sweeper
i know, this field is noch available in the fields-list below. The Question is: can i put more fields in it?
I dont wanna use this f* vbs script i found in forum here.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
GettyAdmin wrote:
Now i write something like: "{actionpath}\teamviewer\teamviewer.exe -i {Custom01}"
but it dont match the Custom-Field. Can i Chance that?

{Custom01} is not an available custom action parameter. Please note that not all database fields can be used as custom action parameters. Available parameters are listed in the Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\Custom Actions.
GettyAdmin
Engaged Sweeper
OT [Hello,
im new here and from germany, english not my best, but we can did it :)]

I have the same problem. but not with the mac, else with a Custom-Field.

I try Teamviewer portable, and write all IDs Manualy in the Database (Custom1)

Now i write something like: "{actionpath}\teamviewer\teamviewer.exe -i {Custom01}"
but it dont match the Custom-Field. Can i Chance that?

THX

joegasper
Engaged Sweeper
The database field is empty for all 80 devices (5 types).
joegasper
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, understand, and it doesn't work for me under device actions. The field seems to be getting interpreted, as {mac} turns into an empty parameter as I show above.

And, yes, we know systems can have multiple macs, but if you could just give us the same mac that is used for WOL as a computer action we would take it. 🙂

Thank you, Joe
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
joegasper wrote:
Yes, understand, and it doesn't work for me under device actions. The field seems to be getting interpreted, as {mac} turns into an empty parameter as I show above.

Is the mac address stored in the database for this device?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
{mac} is available for devices, not for computers