→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidpcs
Engaged Sweeper
I am evaluating Lansweeper at replacing my current spreadsheet method of asset management.
Will Lansweeper report installed software serial numbers such as microsoft office or Adobe Acrobat?

Is there a way to make custom fields? I need to know a workstations teamviewer Id and password.

Can I export the database and import it into another lansweeper installation? I manage multiple sites and am considering this option since I have not figured out a secure way for a local lansweeper scanner to report back to a remote server.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
davidpcs wrote:
Will Lansweeper report installed software serial numbers such as microsoft office or Adobe Acrobat?

A list of scanned product keys can be found in the Configuration/License Compliance/Product Keys section of the web console. Product key scan results are listed in the built-in report “License: software licensekey overview”, found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.

davidpcs wrote:
Is there a way to make custom fields? I need to know a workstations teamviewer Id and password.

There are 20 built-in custom fields you can rename to your liking. Hit the Edit Asset button on an asset page to view these fields.

davidpcs wrote:
Can I export the database and import it into another lansweeper installation?

You can move a database from one SQL instance to another, but we do not currently provide support for merging several Lansweeper databases into one.
Lansweeper wrote:
A list of scanned product keys can be found in the Configuration/License Compliance/Product Keys section of the web console. Product key scan results are listed in the built-in report “License: software licensekey overview”, found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.

Ok great that is working. I will have to create a bunch of custom entries but that should work.

Lansweeper wrote:
There are 20 built-in custom fields you can rename to your liking. Hit the Edit Asset button on an asset page to view these fields.

Is there a way to quarry the teamviewer ID automatically like you can create a custom product key report by quarrying the registry. The teamviewer ID is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\Version5.1\ClientID depending on the version of teamviewer installed.

Can I define custom fields for people? For example I need to track people's username and passwords? I see how I could put in a username and password into a computer asset but many people float between computers so I need that info plus their phone numbers cell and direct assigned to a person, not an asset.

Lansweeper wrote:
You can move a database from one SQL instance to another, but we do not currently provide support for merging several Lansweeper databases into one.

Can I export the database in some sort of format to import into another? The issue is that so far I am not liking how the remote lansweeper connection is working. I tried to use an internet IP address as the SQL database but so far I am not getting the installation to work.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
davidpcs wrote:
Is there a way to quarry the teamviewer ID automatically like you can create a custom product key report by quarrying the registry. The teamviewer ID is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\Version5.1\ClientID depending on the version of teamviewer installed.

You can submit custom registry (non-product key) scans under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Custom Scanning. Scan results can be viewed in the Config\Scanned Info\Registry Keys section of computer webpages and are stored in tblRegistry.

davidpcs wrote:
Can I define custom fields for people?

Not currently, no. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.

davidpcs wrote:
Can I export the database in some sort of format to import into another?

While it is technically possible to merge several Lansweeper databases by writing custom SQL scripts, we do not currently provide support for this.