cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meh-it-services
Engaged Sweeper
Has anybody a clue?

Action screen "cmd"-commands like pingpath, tracert and ping (cmd.exe /K "ping.exe {computer}") do not work on my VISTA machine. On any other Windows no prob. I guess it has to do with the administratives rights that run "cmd" now uses. If I type it in manually it works like a charm.

Appreciate any hint! Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Easiest solution would be to copy cmd.exe to \\server\share\somefile.exe and change the actions.
meh-it-services
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, our guess was right. With UAC turned off it works. But of course this would make no sense at all. Unfortunatelly not even UAC in "quite mode" works... 😞
So this will be one handy feature that lansweeper is going to miss in future as more and more Admins will have to switch to VISTA sooner or later. Maybe your programmers will find a solution sometime?
Thanks for your help anyway!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's probably UAC that's blocking it, so there's not really something else we can do about it.
meh-it-services
Engaged Sweeper
yep, this would work but it's of course not very handy. (I want to be flexible enough to login on different machines or/and executing cmd and so on on the server-share isn't very "elegant" as well.) Any more ideas?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
So you don't get an error, just nothing happens.

Maybe something stupid to try:
Copy cmd.exe to test.exe or something and try it this way.
meh-it-services
Engaged Sweeper
ON as per default... 😄
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this with UAC on or off?
meh-it-services
Engaged Sweeper
No specific Java Errors, Internet Settings ok. (All other .exe work like for eg. lsremote, vnc, screenshot). Thanx for your quick reply!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you get any javascript errors?
Did you set the correct internet explorer security settings?