cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julander
Engaged Sweeper
Hey guys,

My Lansweeper is no longer scanning any of my networks computer, including the server it is on.

I noticed a few days ago, that the last seen computer was seen 9/17. So i figured "Oh, the active scanning is down." i went into the configuration, and tinkered with the Active scanning. It was already set to run. So i turned it off, left it for an hour and then turned it back on. Its been a few days so, i'm pretty sure its still not working.

I looked at some of the individual computers to see if i could initiate a scann from the action console. It went through its course without a hitch. The command prompt came up for half a second and the closed(which it has always done, i figure this is the program activating itself.). I looked over the console and no errors showed up(WMI access or others). i checked back 20 min later and still no errors and the date had not changed.

I've done this test with several computer, i also took a look at the error log, and i've not had an error in about a month, but about half of that time it hasn't been scanning.

any assistance would be appreicated.
4 REPLIES 4
Julander
Engaged Sweeper
the service was not running so i started it.....looks like that solved my problem.

Thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
On the server where the service is installed click start/run, run "services.msc"
Status should be started
Julander
Engaged Sweeper
dumb question

but how do i do that??
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely your lansweeper service is stopped, could you check this?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now